Thursday, September 29, 2011

Island of the Blue Dolphins

One day while I was in elementary school, there was a school assembly in the cafeteria.  Well I was excited, it interrupted math!  Turns out we were called there to watch a movie! It was HEAVEN!  Not the movie, but the euphoria I felt for getting out of class to watch a movie.

Any who, the movie was “Island of the Blue Dolphin”.  I was mesmerized.  Just imagine, living alone on an island, with no one to tell you what to do, what to eat.  No sister to bully you.  It was just you, and a wild pack of dogs’ intent on eating you.  No worries cuz you tame the leader of the pack and you live happily ever after.
 

To this day, I still think of this movie fondly.  As a matter of fact, I actually was thinking about it this week, wishing to see it again. Then "poof", the very next day I was in the Goodwill Store and what do you know!  There on the used book shelf was “Island of the Blue Dolphin”.

It was a sign so I bought it.

Funny, I never knew there was a book about this movie. Color me embarrassed, where do movies usually come from!  So this afternoon I read it from cover to cover.  I loved it just as much as the movie.  As I read, the movie played in my head.  That’s the best vacation I ever had.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...