Monday, November 28, 2011

Eye see you now!

Maddie the foster dog and I made it through the holiday!  Yesterday she went back to the shelter to be spayed and get the rest of her hair cut. 


This was Maddie before:


And this is after:



Holy Cow, she has eyes!


In a couple of days Maddie will return to the shelter so she can take part in the big Christmas adoption campaign at Neiman Marcus.  I know someone will snatch her up in all her cuteness.  I sure am gonna miss her though. But I must say, I learned a lot from her. 


As  I mentioned before, Maddie was a cruelty case.  She was rescued from a bad situation and in spite of all she has gone through she still loves people, she still loves life.  She doesn't lay down and wallow in self pity and cry over where she came from or what she went through. 

Each morning she gets up and has this big grin on her face and a wag in her tail.  The day is met with enthusiasm.  She does the dance of joy when she is fed dry, crunchy kibbles.  She is over the moon with squish hugs. 

Why is it the human race is considered the smartest of all the species yet most of us can't manage to look at life the way Maddie the foster dog does?

Funny, I got another foster pet because I was feeling down about my situation; wallowing around in the self pity and self loathing.  And here comes this dog to teach me a lesson about living life now.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

You're amazing! And, she looks fantastic. I bet she'll find a new owner in the first 5 minutes of the event!

Barbara said...

I hope she did! Giving the foster baby back is the hardest part but I keep thinking how she will make someone else really happy. I will hear Saturday if she got snatched up already. I don't want her to spend Christmas in prison!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...