Friday, January 6, 2012

Aren't jelly beans a veggie?


As you may remember, I'm not that into New Year's Resolutions.  You would think my friends remembered that but alas, they don't. This is a conversation I had the other day with a friend.


Friend:  "What's your New Year's Resolutions?"


Me:  "Not to have any."


Friend:  "What!? Why!? Everyone needs to have a goal. A plan.  You should have one."


Me:  "I don't want one."


Friend:  "You really should have one.  Don't you want to improve your life?"


Me:  "Who doesn't?"

Friend: "I have some.  To exercise more, to lose weight and to eat healthier."


Me: "Then can I have your french fries?"


Friend:  "I'm serious." 

Me:  "So am I."

Friend:  "Starting next week I am going to change my whole routine. You should at least exercise."


Me: "I already do, thanks for noticing."

Friend:  "Maybe you should eat veggies.  That could be your resolution. To eat vegetables. Not more veggies, because you don't eat any, but to include them in your diet."


Me:  "I already eat veggies."


Friend:  "No you don't.  What veggies do you eat?"


Me:  "Candy Corn and Jelly Beans."


Friend:  (Rolls eyes). "Maybe I should add make new friends to my resolutions."



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...