Friday, October 21, 2011

Color Me Pretty Part Three- Take a clothes capsule and look marvelous in the morning

A quick recap:  We found our color group, know our body shape and organized our closet.  We are ready for our capsule now.
 
What's a clothes capsule you ask?  By definition it’s a group of 5-12 pieces consisting of a jacket, skirt, slacks, shirts, etc. that work in combination with each other in style and color. 
   
Here is a sample of one to give you an idea:





From this basic group of one jacket, one shirt and two skirts, I created at the least four different ways to wear them.  I can dress them up for work (if I had a job) or just go casual. A clothes capsule can make it look like you have more clothes than Macy’s warehouse before Christmas.   Keep in mind this is only a sample.  You can and should have more in your basic group like two jackets and two shirts.  Then you can really increase your wardrobe options.

Hopefully it’s clearer now why we grouped our clothes by item and then color.  This allows you to better see what you have and helps to provide a blank canvas for you to create a new outfit.  After I did this step, I spent hours putting together different outfits.  Considering I hate shopping and anything "dress up," I have to say it was fun.  It was like I had an entirely new wardrobe and it didn’t cost me a dime!

I created a couple clothes capsules for my work clothes and casual.  I am even able to pull some things from my work capsules into my casual ones.  Instead of wearing the exact same thing every day, I try to mix it up. I actually shock my friends now when we meet up because I’m not wearing my daily uniform of cropped khaki's, a white tee and flops. (don’t get me wrong, I still put those on when I’m not going to see people. I do loves my comfy clothes most definitely.)

To give you a better idea of the clothes capsule concept here's a video i found on youtube.com.





After you have played with your clothes then you may see some holes in your capsule. Maybe you need a new jacket or skirt to round it out. My suggestion is to check out a Goodwill Store (a resale shop), a consignment shop or even Marshall's or TJ Max,

I bought a brand new (tags still on it) suede camel colored jacket at my local Goodwill store for $10. You never know what you will find. One good tip, go to a resale shop in the rich area of town. Good pickings there!

Just because I am unemployed doesn’t mean I need to look homeless. Now more than ever I should care about how I look, dress and present myself to the world whether I'm interviewing or shopping at Wal-Mart.  I always reached for the easiest thing to put on without any effort.  If I don't care why should anyone else. 

OK boys and girls that concludes my topic on how to dress and not look a mess.  I know I didn't give a blow by blow detail on how to do it but what i discovered while researching is that you need to create your own style.  Don't go by what I wear, but by your own color type and body shape. Get creative.  Look at what you have in your closet and see how you can make it work for you. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...