Friday, February 3, 2012

I Pledge....



It's political season again.  YAY!    I haven't gotten over the last one and that was pretty brutal.  It felt like it lasted two years.

Now, every time I watch TV all I see is an update about who is running; what who said about whom; who paid the most taxes and who slept with whom.  I really don't care.  I know I should and I should be involved in the election process but it all seems so juvenile.  The name calling, the insulting, the posturing, and that's just from me. 

Every candidate talks about what's wrong and who is doing wrong but they just don't seem to say "how" they will fix it, or "how" they would do better. They speak that politico speak that says everything yet nothing all at the same time, cloaking their ambiguousness about any given topic so they never really make a commitment to one thing or another.  Just thinking on all this is raising my blood pressure!

Well, I have decided to make a stand.  I pledge to stop watching the boob tube for at least a month ( I should really stop until the election is over but I'm thinking about all my season finales I might miss.  I'll just play it by ear.  Hummm...I kinda sound non-committal, like some of those politicians I am trying to hide from.)

Instead of watching TV, I will read a book, garden, vaccuum, do laundry...wait...I might need to re-think this. 

NO...I will do it!      NO TV for a MONTH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The West Wing was a complete eye opener for me...I almost wish I hadn't watched it.

SP

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...